Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spring Fling and new reading schedule

Vashon Island, here we come! We hope to rent this house, which is next to Betty MacDonald's home (she wrote The Egg and I, and some other fine books). It seems only fitting, doesn't it?

In honor of staying near her home, we will be reading Betty MacDonald's Onions in the Stew for May.
That moves The Help to June. If we keep making changes, we may not get to The Help until December! I've read it, and it's great. One of the best books I've read in a long time.

Thank you Tamara, for doing the research to find us a place on Vashon. I can't wait to be near the water. I will soak it up and hope it lasts me until the next time I get some time by an ocean or other large body of water.

We will miss all of you who will not be able to come. Hopefully next time we can all be together again. (Of course, Japan is a nice alternative to Vashon...)

1 comment:

Crazy Ladies said...

Thanks for all of the information that you posted! We so appreciate your talents and your hard work! I just ordered the Onions in the STew from the Library. No holds... thats good. I also reserved some of her other books that I also have not read. I sure hope I get to come on this trip especially since I am doing all of the homework!
Karen