Friday, February 29, 2008

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett


I just read this book for my book club here in Utah. It's over 900 pages long, and although the story is fine, there is a fair amount of gratuitous, fairly graphic sex. It is actually enough to put me off really recommending the book.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

2 comments:

Crazy Ladies said...

Diane,
Thanks for the book review...graphic sex in Utah!!! What's the world coming to? I continue to get Oprah e-mails about her books and feel a little guilty for not reading them. I guess I should remove myself from her e-mail list and lose the guilt.
I just finished Big Cherry Holler and enjoyed it.
Marsha

Crazy Ladies said...

My book club here in Big Bear is reading it, too. It was recommended by the daughter of one of our members. She is in an LDS bookclub, but didn't warn us about the graphic sex, violence and language! A couple of our members had not started it. I told them not to and we picked another book. Does anyone do ratings for books, like they do for movies? We're reading "The Lost Boys of the Sudan" instead.

Sandra