Saturday, March 15, 2008

Book Club and Quilting

Friday was our book club at Gloria's. Lillian was visiting and she made us some wonderful crepes. Thanks Lillian!! Gloria is doing some redecorating so we all gave our opinions on paint and furniture. Now she's really confused about what to do.
Kathy read us a letter from Lisa Wingate(Tending Roses) that she received. She also sent us a copy of her new book.
Next month we are reading The Wednesday Letters by Jason Wright. We'll be meeting at Kathy Bruner's on April 11th.


That afternoon Tamara, Karen Perry, Valerie, and I met to do some quilting. We've been trying to get together once a week. Karen and Val are working on quilts for grandbabies and Tamara is making a Double Irish Chain for Kim's graduation. I am working on a reproduction quilt that I started a while ago. I just finished a quilt for my niece and baby quilt for Scott and Britney's baby boy that will be born next Thursday. It's much more fun to work on these projects together. Come join us anytime. We miss the Utah quilters.

Karen and Tamara


Valerie sewing the binding on a cute sail boat quilt.



Marsha making 9 patch at her new sewing table-------I LOVE IT!!!!


Karen showing her project

1 comment:

Diane said...

The Utah quilters miss you too! The quilts are beautiful. I hope to get to my quilting soon. It seems I've been avalanched with a lot of other stuff.