Saturday, January 24, 2009

The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton

This picture says it all. Does this woman look like she has an ounce of mirth in her body? No, not remotely. The book did not have an ounce of mirth either. 

I thought the story was a little dry, but anyone who read the book who has an ounce of sense will agree that the extreme lack of mirth in this woman's life caused her to overdose and kill herself on purpose.

(by the way, if you write a review and don't know how to put a picture of the book up, I'll add the picture later)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Didn't know if this lady had/had not any mirth...so I had to look up what the word means on dictionary.com That lady needs to join a book club and party on!

Mirth:
1. gaiety or jollity
2. amusement or laughter