Tuesday, April 8, 2008
New Kenealey grandbaby
I just got back from Wisconsin late last night, I have been there for the last twelve days. Liz, my daughter in law, went into labor 4 days after I arrived. She and Jason had stayed up late talking about what they would do if she didn't go into labor soon, and two hours later she started on her own. It was very exciting! I didn't hear her until 5 in the morning and thought we would be leaving for the hospital soon but Jason said he thought it would be awhile. After lying in bed (the couch) for a while I decided to start timing her contractions. We left for the hospital a little before seven in a rush of excitement, getting Liz out of the shower and dressed, changing Maddie's diaper and giving a blessing and trying to call the doctor. The baby was born about 20 minutes after we arrived at the hospital. If we would have waited any longer we would have had a baby in the car! Madison is their first child and she just turned 2 on January 31st, she was there for the birth and handled it just fine. I wonder if she will start pretending that she is having a baby. Jackson William Kenealey was born March 31st at 7:47 am. He weighed 7lbs. 6ozs. and was 21 inches long. I have to figure out how to post a picture, he looks a lot like Jason did when he was a baby, blonde hair and blue eyes. Jason burned a cd for me of all the pictures we took while I was there, of course I forgot to bring my camera. It was a great experience and mother and baby are doing great! He is a good nurser and he sleeps alot. Liz's mother was arriving at the airport just as I was leaving so she will have help for another week. Grandbabies are the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations Grandma and thanks for sharing all the news. Aren't grandbabies the best. I'm honored that he was born on my birthday.
It was exciting to check the blog tonight and find your post. Keep blogging ladies.
Marsha
Congratulations! You are a fun grandma - that Jackson is one lucky boy. Good job on the blogging!
Post a Comment