Friday, April 18, 2008

Upcoming Book Club Events

Can you believe this!!! It's April 18th and it's snowing in Seattle. I took this picture from my front door. Look at the poor Camellia bush that is in full bloom. This is absolutely ludicrous.
OK, on to the news.
Today we had a great time at Kathy's house. Great food and lots of laughs. Sorry we missed Karen Leishman, Carolyn and Valerie. Here are our upcoming dates.......... Diane knows how to put it over there>>>> on the side bar but I don't, so here it goes. Diane, I won't be offended if you move things around. (I did move things over to the side - except November, listed below, is out of print, and not anywhere in our library system - I don't know about yours - Diane)

May 21 and 22nd- Leavenworth. Gloria has been very generous to offer her points again for her time-share. We will discuss Winter Wheat by Mildred Walker. Diane and Trish are flying in for the event. Contact Gloria if you haven't already, to let her know if you are coming. The activities will be: Hand and Foot, food, Hand and Foot, movies, Hand and Foot, shopping, Hand and Foot, naps, Hand and Foot, walks.......did I mention we could play Hand and Foot??


November?? at ???...........What Would My Mother Say by ????? (This book was recommended by Janie but might be out of print.)


Today we discussed the idea of having the crazy lady that hosts the book club be prepared to lead the discussion on the book for that month. Did I word that correctly? Anyway, we thought it might be good to have a more in depth discussion about the books we are reading. Any feedback??


Tamara has also invited Wendy Howe to join the Crazy Ladies. Wendy's trying to adjust her schedule so that she can be with us.


Hopefully all this info is correct and makes sense. Get these important dates on your calendars now so that you won't miss out on any of our fun times together.


Last thing, I promise...........Anyone who wants to join Tamara, Karen, sometimes Valerie and myself in quilting you are welcome anytime. We don't have a set time, just when we can get together.


Thanks for being a great group of women that influence my life for good.


Love You, Marsha

3 comments:

Diane said...

Can you believe the snow!! We are still having snow here also. One day it will be 82 degrees, the next it snows. We are expecting snow tomorrow - so much for global warming!

Marsha - this is great info. Thanks for doing all of that. Wendy sounds like a great addition. I wish I were still there! I look forward to reading these books along with you. I don't think I've read any of them yet besides Winter Wheat which I read years and years ago.

Crazy Ladies said...

Thanks Diane. I knew you would know how to do the "moving magic" with the book list. I can't believe we came up with a list of books you haven't read. Wow! I also checked our library for the out of print book. It's not available.
Marsha

Trish Derrick said...

I don't believe this weather either. Between that and the wedding I am soooooooooooooo ready for time with the CrazyLadies!!! I remember reading Winter Wheat years ago also and really liked it. I look forward to discussing it with all of you. See you soon!